need a simple, chili recipe that pairs perfectly with football sundays?
my family has an amazing white chicken chili recipe that they’ve made for years; it’s hearty and delicious. this weekend i was in the mood for some chili and decided to take the old recipe, tweak it a bit, and make it more my own.
it turned out so yummy and i think will definitely be a repeat in our home. the best part…it’s all made in the crockpot!
wanna try it? i’ll share the recipe down below and be sure to let me know what you think if you give it a try.
- 1 15-oz. can of black beans
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 1 15.25-oz. can of corn (i prefer sweet corn)
- 1 10-oz. can of rotel tomatoes (diced, with green chilies)
- 1 lb of skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese
- 1 cup of water
- place the chicken at the bottom of the crockpot. i seasoned the chicken with a bit of salt and pepper; completely optional.
- drain and rinse the can of black beans before pouring it over the chicken, then top with the entire two cans of corn and rotel tomatoes. do not drain either of these. the juice from these help provide some of the flavor.
- top with the remaining seasonings and the packet of ranch dressing mix. add a cup of water and then stir together.
- lastly, add the cream cheese block right on top, close the lid, and let it cook on low for roughly 6 hours.
- once those 6 hours are up, remove the chicken and shred, then place back in the crockpot and stir.
- before serving, i added some sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese on top and loved it. i’d recommend, but only if you desire.
hope you try it out and enjoy this simple chili recipe!