If there is anything you should know, I LOVE tacos. I could eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every. single. day. You mix that with some elotes or street corn? I’m sold. The combination of my two favorite foods…cue the mouth watering.
Okay, enough of me trying to sell you on making these. Just trust me, they’ll be a repeat recipe you make.
- 1 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- 8 soft corn tortillas
Ingredients for Street Corn Salsa:
- 2 ears of corn, washed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup finely diced cilantro
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- 1 lime, juiced
- Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
- Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes prior to cooking; no more than 24 hours. Combine chicken, olive oil, cumin, coriander, turmeric, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Prepare the corn for the grill by brushing the cobs with olive oil and then rub with chili powder, cumin and salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to 400 degrees F. Place the corn and chicken directly on the grill. Turn corn occasionally until charred and cooked for about 15-20 minutes.
- Grill chicken thighs for 6-8 minutes per side or until fully cooked at 165 degrees.
- Chop chicken into bite sized pieces and then cover with foil to keep warm.
- Allow corn to cool enough before cutting it off of the cob. Combine in a large bowl the corn, diced avocado, cilantro, red onion, lime and salt and pepper.
- Charring your tortillas will make all the difference. Top with chicken and and a large spoonful of your street corn salsa. I like to add a bit more cilantro on top and then serve.
Can’t wait to hear what you think about these!