anyone that knows me, knows that i LOVE tacos. i could eat them seven days a week for every meal. they’re my favorite!
i want to share with all of you my favorite street tacos to make; it’s super simple and one of our family favorites. give it a try and let me know what you think.
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup distilled white vinegar
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice
- ⅓ cup fresh orange juice
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped, plus whole leaves for serving
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1.5 lb flank steak
- corn tortillas
- 1 white onion
- optional for serving: cotija cheese, sour cream, guacamole
- in a large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, lime juice, orange juice, garlic, chopped cilantro, salt, cumin, and pepper.
- place the steak in a gallon-size resealable bag; pour in 1 the marinade. seal the bag and shake to evenly coat the steak in the marinade. refrigerate for at least on 1 hour, but not more than 4 hours to keep the meat tender.
- heat a large pan over high heat until very hot. remove the steak from the bag set aside the marinade. cook the steak on 1 side until there are dark grill marks and it is beginning to caramelize around the edges, about 6 minutes. flip and cook on the other side for about 5 minutes. meat is done when it is safely at 135 degrees. transfer to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- in a small saucepan, bring the marinade to a boil over medium-high heat. cook until thickened and reduced by half, about 5 minutes. remove from the heat and set aside.
- heat the corn tortillas in a pan over medium-high heat, turning with tongs, until softened and just beginning to brown in spots, roughly one minute per side. to keep warm wrap tortillas in tin foil until ready to serve.
- thinly slice the steak against the grain, then cut the slices in half. transfer to a large bowl and toss with the reduced marinade to coat.
- serve the steak with the warm tortillas, cilantro, and chopped white onion. can add cotija cheese, sour cream, and guacamole if desired.
try them; they’re so simple to make and so tasty! you won’t regret it.
2 thoughts on “recipe: Steak Street Tacos”
These look great! I made some homemade guacamole the other day and I feel like it would be perfect with the tacos!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I love homemade guacamole so much! I bet it would be so delicious with these. If you try them let me know; I’d love to know how they are together!
LikeLiked by 1 person