anyone that knows me, knows that i LOVE tacos. i could eat them seven days a week for every meal. they’re my favorite!
i not only love eating them, i love making them as well. and when they’re made in a slow cooker? even better!
i want to share with all of you my favorite street tacos to make; it’s super simple with under 10 minutes of prep time and one of our family favorites. give it a try and let me know what you think.
- 2 pounds flank or round steak
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt more to less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- pico/salsa (optional)
- avocado (optional)
- in a bowl combine all spices and mix together; then mix in oil.
- rub half the spice mixture on one side of the steak, the other half on the other side.
- in a bowl combine and whisk the orange juice, lime juice, lemon juice and soy sauce together.
- pour half of the juice mixture into the slow cooker, place the steak in the slow cooker, pour the rest of the juice mixture on top.
- cover and cook on low for 2-4 hours.
- once the steak is cooked, remove from slow cooker and let sit for 10 minutes.
- thinly slice the steak.
- place the steak back in the slow cooker and combine with the juices.
- serve with tortillas (and salsa/pico and avocado if you choose).
try them; they’re so simple to make and so tasty! you won’t regret it.