this is easily one of my favorite recipes, and quite simple to make!
it’s a meal that looks like you probably spent quite some time on making, but all the ingredients come together nicely, and majority of them you probably already have in your pantry.
it’s very versatile and can be served as a side to mostly anything, but our favorite is to have it with spaghetti.
wanna try it? i’ll share the recipe down below and be sure to let me know what you think if you give it a try.
- (4) chicken breast, halves or tenders
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 24 oz jar of pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- pinch of garlic powder
- pinch of basil
- spaghetti noodles, if desired
- prepare the breading station with three bowls: fill one with flour, one with the beaten eggs, and the third with a mixture of the panko, parmesan, garlic and basil.
- next, coat each piece of chicken in flour and shake off excess. dip the chicken into egg, and then into the bread crumb mixture.
- in a medium skillet put in oil, and place on medium heat. once the pan is hot enough, add the chicken.
- cook chicken until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes per side. cook until the chicken has an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- place chicken on paper-towel lined plate to rid of all excess oil once fully cooked.
- garnish chicken with mozzarella cheese and a tablespoon of pasta sauce.
- serve as a side, or as we like to enjoy it, over a bed of spaghetti.
hope you try it out and enjoy this delicious recipe.