just like every august, we’ve done everything we need to do: gathered new school supplies, spiffed up the school wardrobe… however, this year was a little different for my girls as they both started new schools in a new district. this year we ventured to roscoe; a new elementary school and dare i say it…middle school.
i think i was more nervous than they were…but they were so ready, so confident. this momma was proud of them, pulling back their hair, laughing their crazy laughs, and most importantly just being themselves on their first day at their new schools. i am so looking forward to watching more of them and the lessons that they learn – both in school and in life. Roscoe, we’re ready for you!
my girls started sixth and second grade this year. we kicked off the new year with some of our typical “first day of school photos”.
and just like previous years, we made sure to do our first day of school “interviews”.
i asked both of my girls these questions and i thought i’d share with all of you:
- name: kaylei
- age: 11
- grade and teacher: 6th – mr. lovgren
- what i want to be when i grow up: recruiter
- favorite color: yellow
- favorite movie: san andreas
- favorite place to be: at starbucks
- favorite food: frozen yogurt
- favorite subject in school: math
- what do you love: my family
- name: mahkena
- age: 7
- grade and teacher: 2nd – mrs. binning
- what i want to be when i grow up: a starbucks employee
- favorite color: pink
- favorite movie: home alone
- favorite place to be: at target
- favorite food: candy
- favorite subject in school: art
- what do you love: dogs
“say yes to one more book, one more hug, one more kiss goodnight, tuck them in and snuggle them tight. one day you will tuck them in and they’ll be grown. they will smile and tell you they can do it on their own.”