fall is and will always be my favorite season, but after some long cold months, summer comes in as a close second. i love what summer brings…sunshine, cookouts, adventure.
this summer is going to be different. it’s going to be better because i’m spending it with people who make me feel alive, and that’s the way life should be. it may include a whole lot of netflixing and just being at home, but that’s what i look forward to the most. a care-free summer with my favorite people.
so cheers, cheers to the best summer yet!
a few of these things are planned, and some are just some realistic, manageable ideas that i’ve put down on my summer bucket list that i’d like to do:
- be creative – i haven’t spent a lot of time this year doing what i love most: creating. i hope to get some time in this summer to paint.
- visit a zoo – always one of my girl’s favorites.
- go camping – tenting, campfires, and stargazing. that’s been on my list for years! i want to make it happen this summer.
- have a picnic – pack a lunch and go enjoy the sun. i’ve never experienced this. i want to.
- messy twister – paint and some summer cocktails. why not?
- the obvious: go to a cubs game – and lots of them.
- go to a drive-in movie – something that has always been on my bucket list and still have yet to cross off.
- hit up the madison farmer’s market one saturday morning – always a favorite of mine!
what about you? what do you have planned this summer?